The reviews are in: Our first webinar, What Every Publisher Wants You to Know: Selling Your Book in Today’s Marketplace, was a hit. Attendees found the talk insightful and inspiring. Here’s what a few had to say:
“I have a hard deadline for myself of submitting my proposal before my 30th birthday, which is coming up on August 6th, and wanted to take this class to give me the final push that I needed. You both really have been instrumental in making this dream come into fruition. I always take something away from your talks, and really appreciate all of the information you share.”
“Thanks for the tips, they were really helpful. I’m determined to make this happen. Your interaction was fun too.”
“I wanted to say thank you; the seminar last night was very helpful and informative.”
During the webinar, we talk about our general observations about the 2012 BookExpo, review the various components of a book proposal, and then jump into the Do’s and Don’ts about crafting and submitting your proposal that various agents, editors, and publishers shared with us. A recording of the 90-minute webinar—which includes video of us as well as a Powerpoint presentation—is available for $59. Once registered through PayPal, you’ll be sent a URL and password so you can view it at your leisure.
We’ll be posting more in-person talks and webinars in the coming weeks; stay tuned!
Fresh back from Book Expo America, we’ll be champing at the bit to share everything we learned from editors and agents. We have ways of making them talk…
So, on June 27, we’re kicking off our new online classes with a timely and helpful seminar for anyone at any stage of the publishing process. What Every Publisher Wants You to Know: Selling Your Book in Today’s Marketplace will help you create a proposal that’s built to address publishers’ current needs and requests.
Learn the latest of what publishers and agents are looking for…right this minute! Armed with insider intel gathered at BEA—the world’s largest publishing conference—we’ll reveal what publishers and agents say they clamoring for in the current marketplace. No matter where you are in the process or what kind of book you’re writing, learn to create an attention-grabbing proposal by giving editors and agents exactly what they want. Our 90-minute online seminar will cover:
- The proposal components that are crucial to landing a publishing deal
- Rookie mistakes to avoid during the submission process
- The aspects of an author platform that matter most
- Fine-tuning your proposal to address today’s publishing climate
- The one thing that agents and editors want you to know
June 27, 7-8:30pm PT | Click here to register!
As you can probably tell, we are getting REALLY excited about Book Expo in NYC next month. What are our current goals for publishing’s Greatest Show on Earth?
1. Evangelize for The Business of Books (natch)
2. Attend seminars about the current state of publishing & bring back useful, up-to-the-minute info for our clients
3. Schmooze and gossip with all our former co-workers in the publishing biz
4. Grab more free ARCs (Advance Review Copies of the hot fall books) than we can possibly fit in our luggage
5. Bump into this guy: