Can you believe it’s November? Even with those early Target holiday commercials, it’s hard to believe how quickly the year has flown by. Have you been writing? Are you working on a novel during NaNoWriMo?
We hope so. We’ve heard many, many creative and viable concepts from our class attendees and have, like proud parents (or at least beaming aunts), watched as several of them have been published.
You can do this too.
And we can help. We’ve got webinars that you can watch at your leisure and will soon be announcing new class and workshop offerings. But the foundation of our Business of Books system is the Publishing Toolkit. It has everything you need to develop your proposal and submit it to appropriate agents and publishers. It’s a soup-to-nuts handbook through the proposal, submission, and publishing process that you can return to again and again.
- Need to know what to include in your proposal? Check.
- Wondering how to go about finding agents and publishing houses that would be a good fit for you and your book? Check.
- Wish someone would break down the submission process, not to mention how advances and royalties work? Yep, check.
With more than 100 pages, the Toolkit guides you through the proposal process, breaking it down into a 30-day, week-by-week plan. We include exercises and weekly “homework” goals so you can see yourself building your proposal, one element at a time. And because we’re nice like that, we’ve included two proposals that both of us used to secure book deals (yep, both sold). Getting your hands on a real proposal is nearly impossible if you’re not working in publishing. It’s like a mythical publishing unicorn.
So, here’s the deal (we know; we buried the lede): If you purchase a Publishing Toolkit by November 10, we’ll throw in a webinar of your choice for free, a $79 value! We have three recorded webinars to choose from that you can repeatedly watch at your leisure:
1. “Secrets of a Successful Proposal:” We walk you through the nine essential elements every proposal should have, regardless of genre, and help you break it down into manageable pieces.
2. “Sell Your Book—And Yourself:” We divulge how you can show publishers and agents that you are the right person to write this book, and that you also have smart, savvy ideas for promoting your book and getting it into the hands of the right customers.
3. “What Every Publisher Wants You to Know:” This webinar is filled with insights from the 2012 Book Expo America conference and from personal interviews with a variety of publishing professionals in NYC. You’ll never make a rookie mistake after this class.
The Publishing Toolkit is $99. When you order it, simply add a note to us in the text field, indicating the webinar of your choice. We’ll then send you a link via e-mail and drop your Toolkit in the mail. The Publishing Toolkit is the perfect gift to yourself or any friends or family who want to see their publishing dreams become reality.
Click here to order now!